3.25.2008

sugar bugs be gone!

Just because my dad is a dentist doesn't mean I don't get cavities. Truth be told, I forget to brush occasionally. Sometimes I'm just too tired. Just like my dad warned me, I ended up with a cavity. So today I'm visiting my dad's office. He's going to get the sugar bugs out. And I'm going to be brave. Very, very brave.


Jenni is my dad's helper. She is putting this funny elephant mask on me. I think it looks more like a Star Wars mask, but I won't tell Jenni. I don't want to make her feel bad. Jenni thinks I'm brave. Very, very brave. And cool. Very, very cool.


Jenni said the elephant mask will make me feel funny. I don't think I need a mask to feel funny. My mom already thinks I'm funny. Very, very funny.


Whoa. Now I'm feeling funny. And kind of fuzzy. Very, very fuzzy.



I'm getting a little nervous. Do you think I look nervous? Very, very nervous?


My dad must be really brave to put his fingers in my mouth. I hope I don't bite him. I bet he hopes I don't bite him either. These glasses make me look cool. Very, very cool.


I'm keeping my arms straight down by my sides just like a soldier. That way I won't grab the sharp instruments. That would be bad. Very, very bad.


My mom said that if she wasn't married to my dentist, she would stop brushing her teeth forever just so she could go see him more often. I think my mom is funny. Very, very funny.


9 comments:

Maryanne said...

That's so cute! Err, I mean it's very, very cute! ;)

Haylie had a sugar bug, or more like a sugar monster, a couple of years ago. She was complaining that her tooth was "sharp". When we looked in her mouth we saw that a cavity had eaten away HALF of her molar! Boy, did John (her dentist dad) feel sheepish then!

aftonicole said...

too cute! love it, also I got my camera! I'm so happy!

Nicole said...

Very, very cute! What a little stud Adam is. How embarrassing that I haven't been to the dentist for, oh....a few YEARS! And my kids have never been either. I never thought I'd be one of "those" people. Hmmm....I may be in Adams seat very, very soon.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is just simply a wonderful blog. Thanks, Lynette.

Nicole said...

PS....is that the nifty 50 you're using?

Lynette said...

How did you guess? I am loving it!

Donna Boucher said...

I love that you took a gazillion pictures at the dentist. And they are really good pictures!!!
You were all over the place :o)

So great!!!

Thank you again for the kind words over at P-Dubs!

Kelly said...

Lynette, this was such a cute little story. I loved it. Very creative.

Hey, I also wanted to let you know that my husband got a new camera last week and is just starting to get into photography. I showed him your blog and several of your excellent photos and told him that you are taking a class to help you. We like your work! Keep it up.

Oh, and do you mind if I add your blog to my blogs I read?

Thanks!
Kelly

Heather said...

All of that was just too familiar. What a fun trip to the dentist!